ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
A leader’s vision of change, from a political or business vantage point, can inspire and transform the way a nation or a company perceives its future. Research shows it can also bolster corporate performance and employee motivation. However, a recent study showed that women in leadership roles often scored lower than men in only one area, but an important one, namely, “envisioning”: the ability to see new opportunities and chart new strategies for their business that reflect these changes.
Leadership for Women in Logistics studies the core elements of business development and “envisioning”:
- Leading edge thinking around leadership
- Setting a leadership vision, mission and purpose
- Influencing and negotiating effectively
- Increased self-awareness
- Development of resilience, prioritisation skills and time management
And additionally includes:
- Organisational structures, culture and business environment
- Business models for continuous improvement
- Building cost savings budgets
- Marketing effectiveness and customer service
- Distribution, Trade and Technology
- The programme encourages a learning style which demonstrates the integration of ‘intellectual knowing’ and ‘personal development knowing’. Theoretical concepts are grasped and understood resulting in full awareness of personal abilities and an ability to integrate the theoretical into the workplace.
- Content is delivered as integrated training, i.e., facilitator led input plus self directed learning. Each participant receives her own personal training manual – packed with information about leadership, self management and organisational cultures. It contains exercises, questionnaires, information in relation to all topics covered on the workshops.
- Business Development: This element of training focuses on gaining the big picture of business in business management with analysis of influences in industry which impact on the individual company operation and channelling that information to the day to day business functions.
- Attention is placed on both basic and advanced management strategies that assist in planning, problem solving and project management. With emphasis on gaining cohesion and enriching employee performance, you learn to recognise and overcome obstacles that impact the smooth functioning of the company as a whole, the departments within the company and the individual employee roles. This is achieved through the study of sound management policies and strategies for gaining trust and commitment from fellow employees.
- Directed learning includes the development of a Business/Personal Improvement Plan in which participants structure a strategy for overcoming a particular problem in their working environment along with their plan for self-development. Participants will be supplied with all materials for successful integration of learning and experience including all session notes, workshop exercises, case studies and supporting content.
Find out more details about our programme